Happy New Year!
I’ve seen a lot of book challenges recently on Pinterest. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I read this year and what I want to read in 2015. I found that in the past 19 months I’ve not had as much time for reading adult books as I would have liked – babies sometime change your nightly reading routine. However, I am hopeful that 2015 will prove to be a better year for my reading goals. I hope to read more than 10 books all year, but here is the Petite Stag Challenge.
2015 Book Challenge
1. A classic
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
2. A historical fiction
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. A young adult book
Paper Towns by John Green
4. Read a book that you’ve bought but haven’t had time to read
The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
5. A book set in your hometown/favorite place
6. A book that everyone is talking about
Euphoria by Lily King
7. A book you chose based on the cover
8. Re-read a book you read (or should have read) in school
The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm
9. Read a book from a genre you don’t normally read
When Books Went to War by Molly Guptill Manning
10. Read a guilty pleasure book
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
What’s on your reading list for 2015? I’m always looking for a new book to add to a pile of to be read books around the house.
Also, congratulations to Ingrid who will be receiving a copy of Flora and the Flamingo very soon. If you entered and didn’t win this time don’t worry, stay tuned we will be doing more giveaways in the weeks to come.